Prima Canoe

Daca citesti un pic mai jos, pe site-ul lui Michael, la constructia prototipului tipul a suprapus 4 randuri de placaje si a taiat deodata toate bucatile laterale. Doar ca trebuie prinse bine sa nu se miste unul fata de celalalt......

4219645691_5f74fb6b2d.jpg

Ultima editare:
Am vazut de cand am inceput sa ma interesez de proiect. Problema mea este ca nu am experienta cu materialele si nu stiu exact cum se lucreaza cu ele. Incerc sa nu ma grabesc si sa fiu atent la detalii. Idediat dupa ce cumpar placajul o sa revin cu cat mai multe poze la fiecare etapa a constructiei. Inca o data va multumesc foarte mult pentru raspunsuri!

Nu-ti face planuri pentru 5 mm, exista doar 4 sau 6 mm.
Spor la treaba!

Nu-ti face planuri pentru 5 mm, exista doar 4 sau 6 mm.
Spor la treaba!

I just saw this discussion for the first time.

5mm plywood is OK. I have not seen 5mm for many years. If it is available in Romania it is OK to use.

Photos might help

Quick Canoe - Can Cliff and PJ build one for the boatshow next weekend? - a set on Flickr

Loire 2011 - We build two quick canoes in France in one week - a set on Flickr

And help imagination
Loire 2011 - six days canoeing the Loire in boats built the week before - a set on Flickr

MIK

I can give you contacts that speak English and Magyar who have built the boat if you need to discuss with someone.

But everyone here is helping too. Thankyou everyone!

Oh ... Gyula is here too ... he is an old friend and knows my plans well.

Michael

Ultima editare:
Yes Michael, I'm here :)))))
What do you think about the idea shown a few posts earlier, to put the bottom pieces on one ply of 6mm and the sides two others of 4mm?
By the way, I just bought the OzeeGoose plans :))
This year was held the first Raid Romania,

Hi All,
Great news about RAID Romania, Gyula!

The idea of 4mm sides and 6mm bottom is ok if
The boat is never going to be used on a quick moving river.
The 4mm plywood is good quality. It only makes sense if going for lightness. This is admirable!

Some might think that you can build with lighter ply and add fibreglass to make it stronger. But this is a bad idea.
Fibreglass is much heavier than everyone expects. It will increase the weight so the boat is difficult to carry for one person.
Fibreglass is more expensive than buying 6mm ply.
It adds a lot more work.

I never suggest heavier than 75gsm cloth for hulls. We found it is as strong as 150 or 200gsm for boats this size.
Kayak designers that suggest more than 75gsm are wrong unless boat is ocean wave surfing onto rock.
Michael

Thanks Michael, this is very useful info

Also only put the glass where it is really needed - on the bottom and 25mm around the chine to replace the glass tape.

If the ply is 6mm with 5layers/veneers plywood bottom and glass taped using epoxy I don't think it needs a glassed bottom at all.

MIK

Back
Sus