Clipper 2015-2016

Fucking shit, scuzati expresia cu origini tzariste....
Vor 50000 GBP ca sa poti participa?
Ma inscrisesm deja dar cand sa fac bookingu ptr sesiunile de training si ptr car nu cer decat 100 gbp mi-au dat cu tesla in co.... cap... afisand preturile...
Nu pot folosi alta expresie decat "fuck off"...

mobile...

si mai au si un rahat de server de streaming care nu face fata cererilor
nici atata lucru nu au putut sa faca cum trebuie?
vai mama lor . (punct) uk
DEZAMAGITOR

LE:
si ca sa nu zica nimeni ca n-am eu banda, testul de viteza cu un server din Londra

Ultima editare:
da, multumesc, a "luat-o" intr-un final si linkul original, care tot de acolo are sursa...
nu-i mai boscorodesc, i-am iertat, ca am prins de cand au inceput sa iasa din marina din Londra... am pierdut doar bla-bla-ul de la inceput :)

"We are deeply saddened to report the death of crew member Mr Andrew Ashman (49) a paramedic from Orpington, Kent. Our thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

Andy was an experienced yachtsman and was one of the crew aboard the IchorCoal boat (CV21). All other crew are safe and well.

The boat’s skipper Darren Ladd reports that Andy was involved in reefing the main sail, reducing its sail area, in moderate seas just after midnight local time in a strong breeze building to Force 6 (24-30 mph / 21-27 knots), approximately 120 nautical miles off the Portuguese coast heading south towards Brazil in the first leg of the race.

Andy was knocked unconscious by the mainsheet and possibly the boom (although not confirmed). He was given immediate medical assistance and attempted resuscitation but failed to regain consciousness. The boat linked immediately by satellite phone to the medical team at Praxes Medical Group, the Clipper Race remote telemedicine support service based in Halifax, Canada, where a doctor provided additional advice and guidance during the emergency.

A full investigation will be carried out, as is standard practice, into the details of this tragic incident in cooperation with the appropriate authorities. CV21 is diverting to northern Portugal to a suitable marina, to be confirmed, in the Porto area and is anticipated to arrive in the early hours of tomorrow morning, Sunday 6 September 2015.

Clipper Race Founder Sir Robin Knox-Johnston stated: “This is extremely sad news and my heart goes out to his bereaved family and friends, and to his fellow crew who have come to know Andrew with great affection during his training and the early days of this race. Safety is always our utmost priority, as our record shows, and we shall investigate the incident immediately in full cooperation with the authorities.”

In addition to the current race to Brazil, Andy was also due to participate in the Southern Ocean and USA coast-to-coast legs of the race.

Andy had enjoyed sailing since joining the London Sailing project when he was 16. He went on to complete his Competent Crew, Day Skipper, Yachtmaster Theory and Coastal Skipper courses.

The Clipper Race was established almost 20 years ago and this is its tenth edition. This is the first fatality in the history of the race. Over 3,300 amateur crew have been trained and participated in previous races. 700 crew are due to participate in the 2015-16 edition which left London at the end of August.

Race Director Justin Taylor met with Andrew's next of kin this morning and Sir Robin and members of the race team are on their way to meet the team in Portugal."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y

http://clipperroundtheworld.com/news/article/andrew-ashman-fatal-injury-official-statement

Ultima editare:
"...Skipper...and three crew (navigatorul, carmaciul si seful de cart) aboard are assessing the situation and awaiting further instructions..."

Cei patru muschetari...

Ultima editare:
OFFICIAL STATEMENT - 1 APRIL 2016

We are deeply saddened to report the death of crew member Sarah Young (40), a company owner from London. Sarah was one of the crew aboard the IchorCoal boat (CV21). Next of kin have been informed and all our thoughts are now with Sarah’s family, teammates, and loved ones on and off the race.

Skipper Darren Ladd reports that Sarah was tidying the cockpit after reefing the mainsail in 35 - 40 knots of wind, when she was knocked from her position by a wave. She fell back toward the guard wire and was swept under it by another wave at 1127 UTC (2227 local). She was not tethered onto the yacht at this time and was swept away in strong winds.

The boat immediately applied its man overboard drill but was hampered by the conditions and lack of direct visual. Her body was recovered on board using her AIS signal at 1244 UTC (2344 local), and although resuscitation was attempted and telephone assistance provided by the Praxes Medical Group Doctors, the Clipper Race’s remote telemedicine support service, she never regained consciousness. The cause of death is yet to be confirmed but is suspected as drowning or exposure. All other crew are reported safe and well and the team are working with Race Officials to evaluate the options on diversion or continuing to Seattle.

The incident happened on day 12 of the ninth race in the 14-stage Clipper Round the World Yacht Race, at 39 North, 160 East, approaching the International Date Line. This current race takes crew across the Pacific Ocean from Qingdao, China, to Seattle, USA and has over 3,242 miles left to its destination.

Sarah was the owner of a personal lifestyle company providing services for private high net worth individuals. A keen adventurer, the Clipper Race had been an ambition of hers for some years, and she said celebrating her 40th birthday just before setting sail from London was the perfect way to start her adventure.

Prior to the Clipper Race she had done other expeditions including spending a year in Sabah, northern Borneo, working for Raleigh Malaysia. Sarah had also led teams in Zambia, Botswana and Namibia, had been mountaineering in Nepal and did a world-first 18 day trek down the Skeleton Coast unsupported. Sarah had also run a marathon and was a Divemaster. She leaves a partner but no children.

Sarah was one of the round the world crew and aside from missing a couple of races in Australia due to the passing of her Mother, she had sailed more than half the way round the world, with 20,000 nautical miles of racing under her belt between London and China, where the yacht left on March 21.

A full investigation will now be carried out, as is standard practice, into the full details of the incident in cooperation with the appropriate authorities. Race Officials are now supporting the Skipper and the crew through this tragic ordeal.

Clipper Race Founder Sir Robin Knox-Johnston stated: “On behalf of everyone at Clipper Ventures, I am deeply saddened by the loss of Sarah. She was a very popular and integral member of the Clipper Race family and knew our boats well, having sailed with us since London last summer. The safety of our crew has always been and continues to be our main priority and we shall investigate the incident immediately in full cooperation with the authorities.”

http://clipperroundtheworld.com/news/article/fatality-statement--sarah-young

http://clipperroundtheworld.com/race/standings

"Skipper Darren Ladd and the IchorCoal team are now making the final preparations for Sarah's burial, which will start on board at 0100 UK time (1200 local time on board), supported by the Clipper Race office.

At the ceremony the team will include the following readings as requested by Sarah's friends and partner:

First reading: The Sailing Ship

A ship sails and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says She is gone. Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all.

She is just as large now as when I last saw her. Her diminished size and total loss from my sight is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says she is gone there are others who are watching her coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout. There she comes! That is what dying is. An horizon and just the limit of our sight.

Lift us up, Oh Lord, that we may see further.

Bishop Brent

Second reading: Sea Fever by John Masefield

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky, And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by, And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking, And a grey mist on the sea's face, and a grey dawn breaking.

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied; And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying, And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life, To the gull's way and the whale's way, where the wind's like a whetted knife; And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover, And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Third reading:

UNTO Almighty God we commend the soul of our sister departed, and we commit her body to the deep; in sure and certain hope of the Resurrection unto eternal life, through our Lord Jesus Christ; at whose coming in glorious majesty to judge the world, the sea shall give up her dead; and the corruptible bodies of those who sleep in him shall be changed, and made like unto his glorious body; according to the mighty working whereby he is able to subdue all things unto himself.

All eleven other Clipper Race skippers and yachts have been notified of these plans and will hold their own minutes silence and gather together in respect and remembrance of Sarah, at the same time of the on board ceremony.

The Race Office will hold its own minutes silence at 1200 midday UK time tomorrow in honour of Sarah, and invite her crew mates back home, along with her friends and loved ones, and anyone who wishes to pay their respects to join this from their own locations.

Race Office Statement regarding Sarah Young's burial at sea

Following guidance from the Doctor at our medical advisors and consultation with the Maritime Coastguard Agency, plus Sarah's partner, friends, family and the crew, we have decided to proceed with a burial at sea as soon as weather conditions permit, because of the long time it will take to reach closest landfall.

We estimate that the earliest opportunity will be late this evening UK time, which is late morning Sunday in the fleet's current location in the North Pacific.

The yacht has been sent details of the burial at sea ceremony which has been used for centuries by mariners, along with some personal readings from her loved ones, and will advise the Race Office with at least two hours’ notice when they are ready to proceed.

We appreciate that this will be a difficult and emotional time for the crew, the entire fleet and the whole Clipper Race family. Our thoughts remain with them all and with Sarah's partner, family and friends at this difficult time. Sarah was much loved, and will be missed deeply by all who knew her. On behalf of her family and friends, they have asked us to request that they are now allowed to grieve and remember Sarah in peace."

http://clipperroundtheworld.com/news/article/sarah-young--burial-at-sea

"Da Nang – Viet Nam was knocked down when it was hit by a large wave at 2215UTC in 45 knot westerly winds as a secondary low hit the back of the fleet last night.

The boat does not need assistance but the wave damaged the port side binnacle and helming bars. As a precaution, the team has made the decision to retire from the race and motorsail for the moment as they make the rest of the way to Seattle.

Skipper Wendy Tuck reports that she and some crew sustained minor injuries and some crew have been shaken by the incident but otherwise all are safe and well.

Bridget Keevil suffered a small cut to the eye and nose and has a black eye. She has also hurt her shoulder. The Clipper Race's Global Medical Emergency Support Partner Praxes have been consulted. Bridget has been treated for her injures and is now in her bunk asleep.

Wendy has suffered a gash to the head which she is also receiving treatment for."

http://clipperroundtheworld.com/news/article/da-nang--viet-nam-retires-after-storm-knockdown

"If you are a true Clipper Race junkie, you would have read about our little mishap this afternoon.

I have been a bit busy doing a tidy up. Flo (our boat) had a little lay down today when a big nasty wave decided to create some havoc.

We are all ok on board, a few bumps and bruises.

The crew were amazing. Everyone jumped to the tasks that needed to get Flo back to her stately self. We have lost our port helm station, so everything will have to happen from our starboard one now.

We have dropped our main, it was at first just to slow the boat down whilst we assessed the damage done and to get the steering back under control. We won’t be able to use our main as we have damage to a couple of fittings and the main winch and the grinder needs some TLC before we could use them.

I can’t praise the crew enough, from those at the coal face on deck, to those below making sure everyone was ok, food still came out, everyone looking out for each other.

It will now become one of those stories, you know ‘so where you when the wave hit and what happened to you?’

We are now making our way to Seattle, motor sailing at the moment, just to try and get some miles in the correct direction. We will sail again when it is quicker, when the next low pressure comes through.

We are ok, chocolate cake even got baked this afternoon, man it was good

Love youse all.

Wendo."

http://clipperroundtheworld.com/skipper-report/da-nang/race9-day23-team24

Garmin has been hit by the same secondary depression that knocked down Da Nang – Viet Nam, creating “Some of the worst seas that I have ever experienced,” reports skipper Ash Skett, which has caused some extensive damage to the yacht, but no injuries, all crew are safe and well and the yacht is proceeding to Seattle. No assistance is needed.

Sir Robin Knox-Johnston commented on this latest incident: “There comes a time with very bad weather that we are at the mercy of the waves. We can do our best, but the waves are so big and powerful that the boat is like a plaything.

“The sheer power of the sea is something that will reverberate. Sailing can be dangerous, but if it was easy, why bother to do it, if you are the sort of person that likes a challenge in life.”

Ash’s full report which has just been received by the race office follows:

“As the seas built, the helms started to struggle to keep the boat sailing in a straight line. We shortened sail but were still surfing down some very large waves. Before we could do any more about it, a particularly enormous wave picked us up and spun us downwind into a crash gybe. Everyone is fine on board and although a couple were shaken, no injuries were sustained.

“The preventers failed immediately and the boom crashed over into the runner. The runner was not damaged. Damage was sustained to a stanchion on the port side near the helm and the pushpit, which is bent. There were two reefs in at the time.

“Shortly after this, a huge breaking wave hit us and the boat slewed to windward. The wave submerged the aft deck and smashed into the framework on the port side, ripping the forward frame from the deck, pushing it back into the binnacle and bending it back (it is now half-separated from the deck). All the welds on the forward framework failed and the entire thing is separated from the boat. The bases are still intact.

“To give you an idea of the size of the breaker, one crewmember was standing near the mainsheet winch and was submerged so much that his lifejacket went off. At this point I decided to drop the main completely and carry on under yankee alone. Unfortunately, just after we had dropped the main another huge steep wave came rolling through. The helm turned the starboard wheel hard to bear away and the steering failed. We discovered afterwards that a chain linkage had failed. With the loss of steerage, we crashed gybed again. Less of an issue this time I thought, as we only had a yankee up.

“Sadly this gybe caused half of the yankee hanks to pop off the forestay and we had to initiate a drop. During the drop, all the rest of the hanks came off and the whole sail ended up in the water. It took about two hours and a lot of sweat to haul the sail back on board; it was a nightmare scenario. During this time the pulpit was severely bent as the tack was attached. We also took out the two port side guardwires, although we have now lashed them back in place.

“Currently we are flying our trysail and storm jib, steering the boat from the bent port binnacle which we have secured in place with several ties. We are trying to reattach the chain to get steering back on the starboard side.

“No one on board was hurt in the process, despite some dangerous conditions. A catalogue of catastrophes, all due to a diabolical sea state. Will keep you updated. Ash”

http://clipperroundtheworld.com/news/article/garmin-sustains-damage-in-pacific-storm

Back
Sus